Effective from 25 March 2020 (00:00 HKT), only Hong Kong residents with following documents will be permitted to enter Hong Kong:
- Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
- Hong Kong SAR passport or British National (Overseas) passport (with right of abode in Hong Kong).
- Hong Kong Identity Card (this needs to be accompanied with a valid work or study visa).
Non-Hong Kong residents will be denied entry into Hong Kong.
Entry restriction exemptions -
- Passengers travelling from Mainland China, Taiwan or Macao SAR and have not been to other country/region in past 14 days.
- Passengers travelling on a diplomatic passports.
- The spouse and children of Hong Kong residents.
- Local government personnel performing official duties.
- Personnel approved by the Hong Kong SAR government to carry out anti-epidemic work.
Passengers falling into this exemption category must still meet the minimum 14 days intended/permitted limit of stay in order to meet the 14 days of compulsory quarantine requirements – otherwise entry will be refused
Macao SAR permanent and non-permanent residents can continue to enter Hong Kong with prior transport arrangements with the Macao Tourism Board. Passengers wishing to take advantage of this arrangement must do the following:
- Register with the Macao SAR government for their Special Traffic Arrangement programme and transport service.
- Present their Macao SAR passport or Macao SAR electronic identity card to the Cathay Pacific/Cathay Dragon team at check-in.
Transit restrictions -
- Passengers are no longer permitted to transit through Hong Kong International Airport.
All sea-to-air ferry services (Greater Bay Area to Hong Kong) and air-to-sea ferry services (Hong Kong to Greater Bay Area) have also been suspended.
Additional entry requirements -
- A health declaration form must be completed and submitted to the Hong Kong Department of Health on arrival. These forms are distributed onboard all flights to Hong Kong. Alternatively, passengers can submit their details by filling out the online form prior to departure – upon completion, a QR code (valid for 24 hours) will be provided to present to officials on arrival.
Quarantine measures -
Hong Kong SAR residents who have been to the following countries/regions in the past 14 days will be required to undergo 14 days of compulsory quarantine in a government-nominated quarantine facility:
- China: Hubei
- Italy: Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy and Veneto regions
- South Korea: Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do
All other passengers who are eligible to enter Hong Kong will be required to undergo 14 days of compulsory quarantine, either at home or a hotel.
To keep our customers posted on latest updates on Coronavirus related travel advisories, we have a collection of links you might find useful.
Australian Government Advisory Related to Coronavirus :-
Travel Advisory by Smart Traveller :-
Government Measures Related to Coronavirus :-
Country wise updates on Coronavirus for Travel :-
|Travel Advise by World Health Organization :-|
|We wish for the Safety of Our Customers.|